government services to be more responsive to community needs.
- Led the creation of a citywide, centralized district council database to better shape, share, access and analyze neighborhood problems and trends
- Held monthly ward meetings with neighbors to develop his priorities in office
- Instituted an office policy of always responding to constituent requests within 24 hours
- Have quarterly town hall conversation that include members of the community, the respected State Senator(s), State Representative(s), and Council Member of that Ward
- Create Mayor's Committee of Community Leaders (consisting of non-profits, churches, businesses, universities, residents, and stakeholders) to perform on-going evaluation of the city and co-create solutions
- Prioritize awareness of new City initatives and streamline response times to resident service requests